Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's a beating.

Just FYI, I am not one of "those people," but I want to be.

I would really love it if I hopped out of bed, found my work out clothes and skipped happily out of my bedroom to start the day with a smile on my face. Unfortunately, my alarm makes me want to die. My work out clothes make me want to die, and the thought of skipping makes me want "one of those people" to die. How do they do it? Are they just born that way? Do they come out of the womb going, "Man I just ran five miles, my head is so clear, I feel GREAT!" ? If that is the case, why wasn"t I born that way? I feel like I came out of the womb going, "Fuck me that was alot of work, I deserve a chilidog for that."

Here I am though, working out anyway. I joined Weight Watchers too. I really just want to lose some pounds this year. Is that too much to ask? A few (or several) measley pounds? I was talking to one of my best friends that said the most depressing thing I have ever heard when I mentioned that I am ready for working out to be easier to make myself do. He says to me, "I mean this is an idea that we have to get used to for the rest of our lives if we want to stay healthy and young looking." God, are we at the age where this is something that we should be worried about? Thanks alot Josh for that little seed of doubt in my youthful vision of immortality.

Save us all.
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment